What the heck is Bacon Jam?
We make this condiment called bacon jam. you say what? that’s right. We take Niman Ranch bacon and render it down along with onions, balsamic and other spices. we simmer it for a few hours so it is a perfect blend of smoky, tangy, savory, and slightly sweet….basically spreadable bacony goodness!
We use it on the skillet burger we serve in seattle made with grass-fed beef, cambozola, arugula on a brioche roll and our hand-cut french fries. other folks have tried it on baked potatoes, grilled cheese sammys, and even as a base for a vinaigrette. 7 oz jar of Skillet Bacon Spread.
Bacon Jam recipes:
The skillet bacon jam burger
- 3 ounce brioche bun
- 6 ounce grass-fed beef, ground
- 1ounce cambozola cheese
- 3-4 leaves of arugula
- 2 tablespoons skillet bacon jam
- toast the buns and put a tablespoon of bacon jam on each bun
- season the beef with salt and pepper and grill the burger to desired doneness, place the cambozola on the beef when you have flipped the burger for the final time.
-place arugula on the bottom bun, the burger on the arugula,
-place the top bun on the burger and enjoy!
grilled cheese with skillet bacon jam
- 6 slices of good rustic bread
- 9 slices of gouda
- 6 slices of heirloom tomato
- 8 tablespoons of skillet bacon jam
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
assemble the sandwiches and sear on medium heat with a little olive oil in a pan till golden brown and melted on the inside